Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgently Need help in deciding a project for final year of my studies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarmeaowl

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I urgently need help in deciding my final year project. I want to do something which can easily be done. please do not ignore . any help from your experiences will mean alot for me please. below is the list of the projects with there details.

Control of the Mini-Og.
The aim of this project is to develop functional controls for the Mini-Og robot used in the state space and digital control laboratory exercise. Specifications for the control include robust balancing and servo tracking of command signals for both forward and rotational motion. Although a model for the robot is already given, this should be confirmed via system identification techniques. One aspect of the project will be to examine whether the state space control structure can be usefully replaced by input-output control design.

Build and control of an NXT based motor bike.
The following link shows how it is possible to build an NXT based motor bike and control it with a simple heuristic (“steer into undesired fall”):
**broken link removed**
The aim of this project is to build a similar motor bike, but with an additional motor that replicates the lean of a rider. Both simple and advanced control strategies will then be developed using either steer or lean or both.

Trajectory control of unmanned aerial vehicles.
This project will involve the experimental control of a small unmanned aerial vehicle such as a small toy helicopter and use sensor height and x, y mesurements to regulate automatically the height and the location of the unmanned aerial vehicle.

Control electronics design for autonomous systems.
Autonomous systems are by definition independent from a central computer. This project involves the experimental design of a PCB for flexible programming and rapid prototyping of control laws onboard unmanned aerial vehicles.

Development of a vision based control system using the NXT system
This project will investigate the use of a vision based system to locate and control the position of a ball. A single dimensional problem will initially be investigated where a ball will be placed on a beam and a video camera will be used to locate the position of the ball. A motor based control system will then be designed which will adjust the angle of the beam so that the ball comes to rest at a required position. The project will then move on to a two dimensional problem where the ball will be located on a plate. The project will use PID, state feedback and possibly model predictive control. The interface will be developed using LabView.

Development of a laboratory scale process control demonstrator

This project will utilise the National Instruments MyDAQ hardware to interface a bench top process control system to a windows PC. Once the interface has been developed the performance of a number of PID tuning techniques will be analysed and their performance compared.

like i mentioned i want to do something which can easily be done and enough resource is available for that particular topic. any help will really be appreciated.
Thank you very much.

I recommend Trajectory control of unmanned aerial vehicles. If u r a robo guy u will love this.

thanks for your suggestion deviya but do you know how to do it?
guyzzzzzzzz pleasee helppppp dnt ignoreee ittt.. i desperately neeed helppp

well to b honest i havent built one my self, and building one will not b that easy.
Anyway it will be a very interesting control problem.
If the trajectory is a preplanned one u can do some inverse kinematics and find the necessary rpms of the rotors so that u can navigate along the path.
But since u r to use sensors to calculate x,y,z it can b a bit messy.
Anyway if i were to do it, I would start from a planned trajectory and then go for the dynamic navigation part.

Good Luck!

Hi,

I can give suggestions/ideas and possibily the components involved, but unfortunately I will not be able to suggest you about the microcontroller and it's software.

hi
Control of the Mini-Og.
The aim of this project is to develop functional controls for the Mini-Og robot used in the state space and digital control laboratory exercise. Specifications for the control include robust balancing and servo tracking of command signals for both forward and rotational motion. Although a model for the robot is already given, this should be confirmed via system identification techniques. One aspect of the project will be to examine whether the state space control structure can be usefully replaced by input-output control design.

The based idea can be taken from RoboCup which more or less has same kind of basic functions. You will find lots of paper works from universities. Use various sensors and controls for various functions as per your requirement.

Build and control of an NXT based motor bike.
The following link shows how it is possible to build an NXT based motor bike and control it with a simple heuristic (“steer into undesired fall”):
**broken link removed**
The aim of this project is to build a similar motor bike, but with an additional motor that replicates the lean of a rider. Both simple and advanced control strategies will then be developed using either steer or lean or both.

Please have look at Inverted Pendulum and Balancing Robots articles and applications notes. There are lots ideas you can get. This is more or less the same. This project strongly requires PID implementation.

Trajectory control of unmanned aerial vehicles.
This project will involve the experimental control of a small unmanned aerial vehicle such as a small toy helicopter and use sensor height and x, y mesurements to regulate automatically the height and the location of the unmanned aerial vehicle.

Lots of work on RC Airplanes are available you may just require to interface few more sensors to it. Like for height you can use electronic alimeter and for x,y measurement you can use accelerometers. Once these two are in place rest all lies is the controls and which can be done.

Control electronics design for autonomous systems.
Autonomous systems are by definition independent from a central computer. This project involves the experimental design of a PCB for flexible programming and rapid prototyping of control laws onboard unmanned aerial vehicles.

This is related to the previous one. As I told it is all program that will decide the flight and it's behaviour.

Development of a vision based control system using the NXT system
This project will investigate the use of a vision based system to locate and control the position of a ball. A single dimensional problem will initially be investigated where a ball will be placed on a beam and a video camera will be used to locate the position of the ball. A motor based control system will then be designed which will adjust the angle of the beam so that the ball comes to rest at a required position. The project will then move on to a two dimensional problem where the ball will be located on a plate. The project will use PID, state feedback and possibly model predictive control. The interface will be developed using LabView.

Please refer to my comments above.

Development of a laboratory scale process control demonstrator

This project will utilise the National Instruments MyDAQ hardware to interface a bench top process control system to a windows PC. Once the interface has been developed the performance of a number of PID tuning techniques will be analysed and their performance compared.

I cannot comment on this one.

These are only some kind of suggestions/ideas only. I really don't have any kind of materials on these topics. These comments can act a booster to your thoughts.

Thankyou and Hope this will help you atleast 0.5%.
:)

thanks for your suggestion prmurthy but programming a microcontroller will not be a problem for me if i know the steps that I will have to take in building any of these projects. basically i need help in how can i doo these projects. if i can get any paper material or any help step by step which guides me to do any of these project i will pick up that project. any helpp will really be appreciated.. pleaseee ppl comment on it if you have any experince or knowledge in any of these projecttss..

Seems that you are more frustrated than urgency of your project. Be calm to solve the issues. Please tell about your qualifications and your age. Please allow sometime to give any kind of solutions. Hope you understand.

Thankyou

yea i get worried alot at timees. its for my Msc theisis . sure i do understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back