Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgently :how to simulate a spiral antenna in HFSS? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

corncat

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone,

I work on SAR, now I wanna simulate the human model with the sprial antenna together to check what's SAR distribution. However I have no idea how to simulate a spiral antenna in HFSS. I am appreciative if anybody can help me and let me know how to simulate it in detail, such as how to create the model of the spiral antenna in HFSS and how to add the excitation for the antenna.

And it is a little urgent, so I have no time to figure it out by myself now. Please teach me how to simulate the spiral antenna in HFSS. Thank you very much!

By the way, I know how to use HFSS. What I don't know is how to set up the geometry of the spiral antenna in HFSS and how to excite it. Thanks once again!

Lily

Re: Urgently :how to simulate a spiral antenna in HFSS? than

hfss has the option draw spiral. if you have it then use it.
excite with a lumped port across the 2 inner spirals.

Re: Urgently :how to simulate a spiral antenna in HFSS? than

Hi, there:

I don't know which version you are using. But Version 10.1 has the feature to draw a spiral or helix antenna.

You can see the HELP for details (just search spiral).

I forgot how to do that since I did that a long time ago. I think you need draw a object first, then use the spiral option to sweep along a path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back