Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Urgent Questionon keil c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamed.elsabagh

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an urgent question on C51 keil compiler, when debuging I found that not all C instructions are converted to assembly and so those instructions are not executed I don't know why.

but those lines are not a function, they are lines inside a function, and how can I adjust the compiler optimization?

void LCD_Clear(void)
{
uint8_t SFRPAGE_TEMP=0;
SFRPAGE_TEMP=SFRPAGE;
LCD_Busy_Flag_Wait();
/* Enabling weak pullups and output drivers on Port 0,1,2 and 3 are activated*/
/* Setting Port 1(0-3) [DB7-DB6-DB5-DB4] to Push-Pull output mode to enable output direction communication only
Setting Port 1(4-6) [RS-RW-E] to Push-Pull output mode to enable output direction communication only*/
LCD_DATA_MODE |= DATA_MODE_MASK_PUSHPULL;
/************** command ********************/
LCD_CTRL &= ~RW_MASK; //RW=0
LCD_CTRL &= ~RS_MASK; //RS=0
LCD_CTRL &= ~E_MASK; //E=0
LCD_DATA &= 0xF0; //DB4=DB5=DB6=DB7=0

/************** Dummy instruction **********/
// LCD_CTRL &= ~RW_MASK; //RW=0
/******************E-Cycle*****************/
E_Cycle();
/******************************************/
LCD_DATA |= 0x01; //DB4=1
/******************E-Cycle*****************/
E_Cycle();
/******************************************/
SFRPAGE=SFRPAGE_TEMP;
}

This is an example the 5 instructions before the dummy instruction are not converted to assembley but if I rempve the comment from the dummy instruction they will be converted normally but they may have impact on other instructions in the file. The problem as yo said is due to optimization issue of the compiler but I w'd like to know the different options of the optimization :D Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back