Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent, problem with Calibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcyin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all,

When I'm trying to do DRC/LVS/PEX verification with Calibre, it stops at the "Waiting for Layout viewer to export cell ...", while the CIW window shows "Calibre normal exit" with no verification results pops up. so what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, all,

When I'm trying to do DRC/LVS/PEX verification with Calibre, it stops at the "Waiting for Layout viewer to export cell ...", while the CIW window shows "Calibre normal exit" with no verification results pops up. so what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance.

is there any error information about export gds?
example:Fatal error.....................
and do you install a pdk?

Hi, all,

Thanks in advance.

Hi abcyin,

this can happen in a few cases, usually the reason is in the CIW or in the terminal you launched from. A common situation is a missing cell in the layout hierarchy

Let us know if we can help

there is no error in CIW or in the terminal, but I found that if I uncheck the "export from the layout viewer", and run DRC again, the results will pop up. It seems that the gds file has been exported at the 1st time, while you need to run DRC for a 2nd time, then DRC works. But, How come? it's really confusing.

are you sure the gds is new and not an old one? are you sure you do not have a hidden dialog box asking if you want to overwrite the previous gds? normally there is no need to run twice in Calibre to get your results... you must have something out of shape in the setup, perhaps you can give us some details on how you setup the environment to integrate Calibre with Virtuoso and the PDK...

Hi,

I'm also running into the exact same issue, that is, when I tried to run DRC using Calibre, it stopped at "Waiting for layout viewer to export cell". I have checked that Calibre is able to establish connection to Layout editor (Cadence Virtuoso). But it seems like the layout cannot be extracted by Calibre. If I manually streamed out GDS file and feed it explicitly to Calibre, then DRC can be run. Any ideas why this would happen?

if you have already tried all suggestions in the thread and you have no messages in CIW or terminal, you might want to try and change version of Calibre and/or Virtuoso

Hi,
I face the same problem, and I want to ask how can I manually streamed out GDS file and feed it explicitly to Calibre

thanks

Hi,

First check with layout view is correct or not, then check the stream out.log file for the GDSII file generation without ERRORS and WARNINGS.
Then try with verification steps.

Basu

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
I face the same problem, and I want to ask how can I manually streamed out GDS file and feed it explicitly to Calibre

thanks

Hi,

Go to CIW window --> File --> Export-->Stream-->Fill the required options and templates.
Then export GDS file.
Also check with stream out.log file for ERRORS and WARNINGS.

Thanks,
Basu

Hi,
thanks for your help

at first when I run drc and (export form layout is enabled)
I get the following error in the CIW

*Error* fprintf/sprintf: format spec. incompatible with data - "Format is '%s -hierDepth %s', argument #2 is 20"
<<< Stack Trace >>>
_sprintf("%s -hierDepth %s" strm_cmd (streamOutKeys->hierDepth))
(strm_cmd = _sprintf("%s -hierDepth %s" strm_cmd (streamOutKeys->hierDepth)))
sprintf(strm_cmd "%s -hierDepth %s" strm_cmd (streamOutKeys->hierDepth))
when(((streamOutKeys->hierDepth) && ((streamOutKeys->hierDepth) != "")) sprintf(strm_cmd "%s -hierDepth %s" strm_cmd (streamOutKeys->hierDepth)))
let((strm_cmd tf) sprintf(nil "%L%L%L%L" libName cellName viewName ... ) (strm_cmd = strcat("strmout -library '" (streamOutKeys->libName) "'" " -strmFile " (streamOutKeys->outFile) ... )) unless(((streamOutKeys->cellMapTable) == "") (strm_cmd = strcat(strm_cmd " -cellMap " &))) unless(((streamOutKeys->layerTable) == "") (strm_cmd = strcat(strm_cmd " -layerMap " &))) ... )
mgc_rve_export_get_oastream_cmd(libName cellName viewName fileName)
(cmd = mgc_rve_export_get_oastream_cmd(libName cellName viewName fileName))

how to solve this problem ?
I want calibre to atomatically get the gds file from layout (export form layout is enabled)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when I try to get GDS file
I named the file as (cellname.gds) but when rum drc, the program searches for (cellname.calibre.db)
so when I use --->File --->Export --->Stream, I named the output file as (cellname.calibre.db)
Does what I do is correct ??

thanks

Last edited:

I meet the same problem, and I tried to set the socket hostname to the real host name, and it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back