Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent: Problem in stepper motor driver circuitry

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsw1216

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am doing a project which controls a stepper motor using uC 8051 through the motor driver UCN5804. I built my motor driver circuit according to the circuitry shown in the datasheet. When i tried to test my driver circuit on breadboard, the stepper motor can be drive by 9V input voltage. But when i moved my circuitry to a donut board, the motor cannot be drive anymore. I have check all the connections on the donut board are correct and similar to the circuit built on the breadboard.

May I know what is the problem why I can't drive my stepper motor using the motor driver on donut board while i can drive my stepper motor using the motor driver on the breadboard ?

Your suggestions or replies are most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Generally Stepper motor comes with no of poles and corresponding wires out with one common per pair of pole....so if your motor have 4 poles then you get 4 wires for windings and 2 common....First in my view check the no of ploes of you motor... then give the excitation/ voltage to stepper motot winding wire and common and see that the rotor of motor moves....after that you can see that give the sequeces of voltages to the wires like 1100 or 0110 etc keeping common at same potental.... then you need to wirte the code for stepper motor to move in either clock wise or anti-clockwise direction....

Good Luck

As if i am using the UCN5804 Stepper motor driver, what is the possible problem on the circuit in PCB causing my driver couldn't drive my stepper motor ?

I had seen your IC and circuit digram....In my view check the connection ABCD are connected properly ....even change them and see that you are getting any movement of stepper motor or not.....in my case I had made the driver cicuit using transistors ....also see that you are giving signals to the pins 11 based on you need ....bcz these are the signals are going to drive your stepper motor...

Good Luck

Thanks for your reply. I will go through your advises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back