Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent, Please help!!! Regarding the SPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LF_LF

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am a beginner in designing using VHDL. I need to construct interconnection between ADC(ADS7861 from Texas) and FPGA DE2 board. I have been told to use a SPI --- a serial to parallel SPi interface between ADC and FPGA. I have constructed the VHDL code for master(FPGA) and slave (ADC).

I understand that SPI only consists of 4 wires but my ADC having more than that. Therefore, i used Data_out( for MISO in slave), modeselect_A0 or convst (for MOSI in slave).
The total cycle needed for conversion is 32cycles but i only obtain the data till 16 cycles as the A0(I use mode 2 which is( M0=0,M1=1,A0=1)==>CHA1). After 16 cycle the A0 =0 so it convert for CHA0,so i stop then.
I put the CS always to low so that it is always ready to sent data.

For the code, i found out some errors in master and slave(i think is the same error for both) and i failed to fix it after many trial.

I hope that someone please help me in this case. Thank you in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back