Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent!Please help!feed of print meander line antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuanmogao

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been simulated printed meander line antenna, according to the attached file.
But I do not understand the paper. It only shows the top side of the antenna. What is the back side of the antenna?
I simulated using figure 1. I can make it resonate at around 2.5 GHz, but the return loss is about -4db too high.
I think I may done something wrong. But I don't know where is the problem.
Also, there is a hollow arrow and dotted line in figure 1. What does them stand for? How can I feed the antenna?
Thanks a million!

Attachments

• the_effect_of_conductor_line_to_meander_line_antenna_design_5098.pdf
    207.6 KB · Views: 168

The other side is a whole sheet of metal covering the whole substrate (the ground)

it is a microstrip fed antenna and the other side must be the metalic gound plane I think

Thank you flashking! I simulated now as you said. The return loss at 2.4GHz is now around -10dB still too low. The paper said it should be -39dB. And my radiation pattern did not seem right. I attached my hfss file here.
Please!!! Could anyone help me to see where I was wrong? Thanks a million!!!

Attachments

• meander1.rar
    19.8 KB · Views: 91

I viewed the figure fast

a small notice, I didn't see integration line for the lumped port

also you can try the waveguide port instead

finally, did you simulate with a lossy or a lossless FR4 Substrate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back