Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent on laser communications!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madanmohan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am havin some data from PC to be transmitted via a laser link(sort of wire-free LAN). i have semi-conductor laser (8mW) and data from a PC terminal. now i need to build an interface circuit from OC to laser unit. now, my problem is how to take out data so as to transmit the data at a rate of atleast few hundred Mbps. shud i use USB or ethernet for quick transmission of data from pc to laser unit. what link shud i use i.e FOC or twisted or something else??

Added after 1 minutes:

really good solutions will be rewarded !!!!

For hundred of MBPS u will have to use Hispeed USB port which has data transfer rate of aruond 500 mbps......ethernet has max rate of 100 mbps only.....for further details search on google.....
U mean Fibre optic communication as FOC????
If yes...then how come u can transmit electrical signal thru Fibers...anyhow u wil have to convert to optical signal before transmitting.....then tht laser unit shud be placed before FOC....corect me if i am wrong....

madanmohan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.