Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent! how to get half wave rectifier output voltage using ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cengizsamanci

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I open the example of rectifier from ADS2009, I can not get the output voltage as half wave of sine. How could I get this?

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

I supply sufficient AC voltage but output voltage is again full wave. What should I do?

add resistor 5k to grd
as load

I have done it many times . Output voltage is always the same like input.

Here I share the picture of simple circuit and input-output voltage . what should I do to get half wave sine?

Attachments

• diode.jpg
    diode.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 174

Remove 50 Ohm resistor before the diode and see what happens.

20 GHZ !!!
the cap of the diode is making a problem, your diode id not conducting (increase to 5v ac pp )and at that freq u have all kinds of matching problems .
first reduce the load to 50 ohms, next try putting the diode in parallel after the 50 ohm and u will have half wave shorted at that's what made usually in hi freq. your scope should be in dc mode...
is that a model or real circuit ? reduce freq to 1Mhz and post the result.
sdd_diode why cant i find it in internet send data or link.

Hi,
Try to work at Transient not at AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back