Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent help with remote controlled lighting system !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corosive

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there. I have got to design a remote controlled lighting system. The project consists of a handheld battery opperated remote with one button on it which will turn on/off a mains powered light. Does any one know of any websites showing the circuit design of such a project. Or has any one already had to build something like this, if so I would greatly appreciate some help with this.

May be you could show us what you have got so far and how far you have got with it, The are some chips that already do this the holtek chips do a google search you will find plenty of stuff

I have made my own using pics, it can be up to 16 channels with 16 butons for on/off control
No one will give you the write the code for you we can help you with it but you need to give more information in what way you want to go

wizpic

http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana/

The above web site has alot of info on X10 power control system which do what you want. This system uses either RF remotes or commands sent over the power line.
The website has some schematics of the various devices.
If all you need is RF remote control then think about the individual parts. You need a RF transmitter, an RF receiver, some logic to make decisions based on the data from the RF receiver, and a traic or relay to do the actual lightning ON/OFF.

Look at Microchips website they have a remote controlled ligth using an IR remote etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back