Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent Help In Seriall Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

friendchooser

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
i need some help regarding to my project as i want to have a seriall communication between visual studio have done some work in it now the output of that code i want to send to microcontroller how can i send the data serially there plz help me out of thsi probelm

Hi friendchooser,
do you have problem in visual studio or in MCU?As first you must have properly serial RS232 HW conection betwen PC and MCU.After that you must setup serial communication on boot PC and MCU - example 9600,N,8,1.

I am having problem in visual studio how get the data from visual studio as this dat will b the input of microcontroller ..........

if you look in the Visual Studio Toolbox under Components your will find a SerialPort component.
It enables you to set baud rate etc and send and receive characters from either the RS232 COM1: port if you have one or USB to serial converters which appear as virtual COM ports.

dear friendchooser,
have you solved the problem??

do you use MSComm control in Visual Basic?This is standard serial communication component in Windows OS.

for send data from PC to MCU you must use MSComm.Output = string as example MSComm1.Output = "Hello MCU"
receive data from MCU you use strDataFromMCU = MSComm1.Input
also you may receive and send binary data.

more information you may find in MSDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.