Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent Help for Interview !!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cqdevil

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
analog interview boardlevel

Hi Folks,
I am a fresh master majoring EE for mixed signal circuits design. and I will have an interview next week. The manager told me the questions will be like they draw a schematic incorrectly and I should be able to tell them what is wrong, what will happen, and how to fix it, including the transistor level and board level of op-amp.

Can some experienced guys pointed out what kind of question they will be ? I feel this must be some critical parts which should be payed attention when people design the op-amp,including the transistor level and board level.

One more thing, this is an entry-level analog design position.

I am waiting online for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks!!!

I am your fellow student as well!
Sorry if my 5 cents are not worth to you...

They can ask you about

Aspect ratios, Supply related, parametric/monte carlo, circuit/socket simulatrs....etc.

looking for exp ppl to comment!

what is the position you are going in for? are u going in just after your BE?If thats the case then you should go through sedra and smith throughly and also some portion of razavi. you should also be able to answer any question on your project.

amarnath

what is the position you are going in for? are u going in just after your BE?If thats the case then you should go through sedra and smith throughly and also some portion of razavi. you should also be able to answer any question on your project.

amarnath

cqdevil

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes , i got master degree after BE without any industrial experience.I try the position of entry-level analog design . Their product are mainly audio amplifier and Op-amp.

The key point is they will draw a schematic incorrectly and I should be able to tell them what is wrong, what will happen, and how to fix it

I am just wondering what kind of mistake people will usually make when they design a op-amp both in transistor level and board level. because manager told me if I am hired .I would start with board level and then go for transistor level after some experience.

I know this big company has a very tough on-site interview that is why I want to make clear of this because I haven't any experience on fixing the mistakes of circuits.

Thanks for your suggestions!

I will be online waiting for your help!!!

Added after 25 minutes:

One more thing , their product is mainly on Audio amplifier and high speed amplifier. The full name of position is Precision Analog-Linear design engineer.

Thanks for you guys suggestions

Added after 7 minutes:

One more thing , their product is mainly on Audio amplifier and high speed amplifier. The full name of position is Precision Analog-Linear design engineer.

Thanks for you guys suggestions

just try solving problems on opamps:

non ideal opamps,

why opamp is used mostly in feedback mode

why should you compensate opamps with more than one stage

what is miller compensation, what happens when this is applied

how do you go about designing an opamp when given its power spec and the output swing.

make the concept of output swing and icmr ,slew rate very clear.

solve some interview questions which are available on the web, that should help you.

amarnath

Status
Not open for further replies.