Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Urgent] 60KVA Three Phase Automatic Voltage Stabilizer Cicuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhan89

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I have voltage problems in my area, So i want to Build a 60KVA with good power factor with 0.8-1 Three Phase Automatic Voltage Stabilizer.
My Requirements are

Input Voltage: 100-300V
Output : 230V Fixed
Frequency: 50Hz
Power: 60KVA

Also I want to Monitor How much voltages are there on each side of Input as well as on output side

3-phase|------V1-----Auto----------A1------V1-------Load
Input |------V2-----Voltage-------A2------V2-------Load
Supply |------V3-----Stabilizer------A3------V3-------Load

Can anyone arrange any circuit for me or provide me any idea?
Also I want to Know Which type of Transformer Will be suitable for this type of stabilizers???

Would it be possible that if load increases i just change the transformers with bigger one and stabilizer works with that

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Urgent help needed!

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Bump!Bump!Bump!

If your incoming supply gets as low as 100V...

and you want to step it up to 230...

Then you're asking a great deal from the existing equipment. It will have to carry twice the normal amps all the way to your step-up transformer.

Because 60,000W at 230V is 261 amps. At 100V it will be 600 amps. How easily can the existing equipment handle that? You must also factor in I*squared*R losses, as heat generation.

I imagine you expect your 3-phase motors will use less power once they get the normal 230 volt supply again. As an experiment you might see if it helps things along by boosting just one loop up to 230V.

For small changes up or down, there are transformers that have multiple taps so you can obtain a higher or lower voltage.

You probably can get by with an autoformer. It has a coil which is included in both the primary and secondary sides. Expense is reduced. However you won't have isolation of one side from the other.

For 3-phase you'll need 3 of them.

A 60,000W unit is industrial strength. Big as a desk.

You want your equipment to detect when the power company resumes 230 V. Because if your incoming jumps suddenly from 100 to 230, you'll get a lot of burned-up units. To respond automatically when your incoming changes, you'll need massive relays which switch multiple transformers in and out of the loop. This will be difficult to accomplish, and expensive. I don't know whether there is equipment that can do it smoothly and without power interruptions.

Your electric company must be having severe problems. Have you considered generating a portion of your electric power on site?

So What would be safe???

My Total Load is Approx 35000 Watts. What else is better to do this job ????

I've never heard of a power company reducing grid voltage to 50 percent of normal. It's a sign of a severely underpowered station.

Maybe in the US they'll 'brownout' down to 90 percent of normal to get through a hot day when air conditioners are turned on en masse.

You might get by better with your own electric generator powered by a gas or diesel engine. Enough watts to handle your greatest expected load. 3 phase.

Or if your installation is spread out...
Then you might obtain several smaller generators which can be attached to the power take-offs on trucks or tractors. Provide power at the usage points where it's most critical when the power company loses voltage. This method will require that you 'island' each such source from other power sources, and from the grid.

Do you have a stream/river nearby with several feet of vertical drop possible? Consider installing a hydro-electric turbine unit for 24 hour electric power.

You may need to supply your own power to 'mission critical' equipment (motors, etc.). Let the unreliable grid power incandescent bulbs, etc., which can tolerate variations in supply voltage.

This would mean having two separate and distinct electrical systems at your facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back