Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] upgrading the ATMEL STK200 Starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cvarone

Hi
Does any body knows how to upgrade the ATMEL STK200 Starter kit to support the ATmega* devices?

Thanks.

There is actually no need to upgrade the stk200 in order to work with mega devices as long as they are pin compatible with the devices on the stk200.

As for the software point of view, you must start using ponyprog software in order to program these devices.

admiral is right
It is only for software upgrade that KANDA sells for 7$. You may need to use another programmer such as PonyProg if you like and don't want to pay.
But be careful with Windows2000 because there is a little problem with serial port due to difference OS architecture design for many softwares that are careless in design. (I think PonyProg fixes this problem)

Hi admiral and eYe
Thank you for your advice. Now I understand about the upgrade and I`ve been thinking in Pony Porg for this purpose.
Regards

Hi admiral and eYe
Thank you for your advice. Now I understand about the upgrade and I`ve been thinking in Pony Prog for this purpose.
Regards

Hi admiral and eYe
Thank you for your advice. Now I understand about the upgrade and I`ve been thinking in Pony Prog for this purpose.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back