Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Update Symbol Properties (OrCAD Capture CIS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbss

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a way to update all of the components in a design from the CIS data source?

Example: A schematic is created using parts exclusively selected from a CIS database. After the schematic is finished, a new property is added to the database. How can I perform a refresh/update/resync with the database so that all of the components add this property?

When I update the Design Cache, none of the components reflect this new property. The only way I have been able to make it work is to delete the component, and then replace it from the database (somewhat tedious and high risk for a multipage schematic with hundreds of components). I suspect I may need to write a *.upd file, but the examples I've been able to find are pretty specific (i.e., create this property, and give it this value). I want the part to update from the database -- create this property, and add whatever value is specified in the database.

Edit: To do this, all you need to do is select the *.dsn file in the project manager window. Then start the Parts Manager, and update all parts in the common group. I haven't been able to figure this out yet for components not in the common group.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back