Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

upconverter in transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

khouly

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gsm upconverter

i am design an up conversion mixer in TX , but the IF power is saturating the mixer in my design , when i use 0 dbm as the IF input , i found that the output power is about -6 dbm

but when i just made the input power -30 dbm IF , i found the upcomverter singal have about -18 dbm , this means i have about 12 db gain

i need to make the mixer work in 0 dbm , any recommendations

khouly

You use what type of the mixers?
You use what frequencies?
Can use some mixers?
To divide a signal on an input and to summarize on an output?

the frequency of the output is about 7.3 Ghz ,
the IF is 2 GHz , the LO is 5.3 GHz

khouly

you have voltage gain more than 3dB, so you must use gilbert cell.
Assume you use CMOS transistor
In case the IF signal is so large that makes the input transistor works in linear region instead of in saturation region, I think you should decrease the load resistor and increase the transconductance gm.

regards

i am designing a microwave one , based on discreete HEMT

khouly

have you tried the resistive fet mixer yet? I've seen compression points at least in this ballpark at this frequency range using the NE32/4210 devices.

Lance

Why don't you use a Hittite mixer? hmc219ms8.pdf has a typical input referred 1 dB compression point of 10 dBm. I would certainly advise a passive mixer for better linearity.

lance
i am working in the resistive mixer now , but ididn't get this compresion point

radiohead
my supervisor want it to be designed by me , not a of the shelf mixer

khouly

I am doing a quadrature mixer too, need your help!

thanks!

what do u need , i have finshed the mixer design , we can discuss the design

khouly

i am going to design a quadrature up conversion mixer in the Tx,

the LO is 2G and the IF is 5M

need the output is 2.005G

help me !

i need to design up converter whose IF 70 mhz and for c band i m dealing in earth station design will u people help me in that query

Downconverter using coupler and diodes

i need to design a dual band mixer (GSM - 900 MHz and 1800MHz). i used a dual band hybrid coupler in ADS, converted this layout in to schematic and added diodes.My desired IF is 500MHz.I designed a filter for tht frequency also.Now my problem is i dont know how to give inputs(RF and LO) and to which ports of Hybrid coupler in ADS.dont know how to use tht sweep plan. can anybody suggest me the solutions....

try to use parameter sweep , it is much easier than sweep plan

khouly

Maybe you can using DESIGN GUIDES,that have some sample can be pratices.
I'd ever using transistor design UP-converter.
maybe you can using BFT25 transistor, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back