Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unwrapping a cylinder in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

soaringeagle

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Everyone ,

Is there a way to unwrap cylinder (or a portion of it) so that you end up with a flat sheet that is equal to the circumference of the cylinder?

I am not looking for a projection but more an unwrapping function going from a cylinder (or portion thereof) to flat panel.

I have a cylindrical substrate and I have feed line etched on the cylinder. For designing and fabrication I need a planar drawing of my cylinder and feedline that is etched on it. I want conversion of this cylinder into planar model.

Even if I can do it using autocad , please let me know.

I am waiting for urgent help please.

I request any expert in Autocad or any drawing software to help me. I think , many people make drawings in other softwares and then they transfer it to HFSS so somebody can help me with this question.

Thanks.

You can do the simple math conversion yourself with circumference = 2*pi*r that would be your board width. Then use the create box and create rectangle functions in HFSS to draw the equivalent layout.

Thanks but I am talking about unwrapping a cylinder using some function/command that converts a cylindrical surface into flat sheet that is equal to 2*pi*r in length.We can do it mathematically but is there is there any such command in HFSS/ drawing softwares that can do such conversion ?

It can be done using solidwork software. Import your model from HFSS and directly can be done.

Hey Everyone ,

Is there a way to unwrap cylinder (or a portion of it) so that you end up with a flat sheet that is equal to the circumference of the cylinder?

I am not looking for a projection but more an unwrapping function going from a cylinder (or portion thereof) to flat panel.

I have a cylindrical substrate and I have feed line etched on the cylinder. For designing and fabrication I need a planar drawing of my cylinder and feedline that is etched on it. I want conversion of this cylinder into planar model.

Even if I can do it using autocad , please let me know.

I am waiting for urgent help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back