Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unusual gate pulses in LLC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

biswaIITH

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hii ,

I am currently working on an LLC half bridge resonant converter for battery charger application.

Below are the gate pulse we captured on the scope.

Yellow one is for high side mosfet & green is for bottom side mosfet.

Any idea why is there a bump on high side pulse before it turns on.?????

Gate_Pulse.png

Can you not feed it all by isolation AC source or isol txformer, and then read the signal with home brew coaxial probe?...beware probe capacitance though.

Can you not feed it all by isolation AC source or isol txformer, and then read the signal with home brew coaxial probe?...beware probe capacitance though.
I have checked the gate pulse via two different differential probes. The top(Blue colored ) is with low CMRR & BW probe & bottom one is with high BW &CMRR probe

1678980020075.png

Reactions: FvM

If the circuit is otherwise performing as expected, I think it's safe to assume the issues with the other waveforms were just probing artifacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.