Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] unsupported part id=2A20 error in PICKIT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

renga92

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to programming PIC16F1783 with Pickit 2 . I am getting this error Unsupported part id = 2A20 when trying to do that. I just wired the pins of the programmer to the PIC IC as it is mentioned in the programming manual of that PIC IC. Help me out with this one.

16F1783 is supported by Pickit2, at least with the latest device file. It DOES have the ID 2A20 so I can only guess you have an outdated device file that pre-dates the IC.

Try the one attached, back up your original 'PK2DeviceFile.dat' file just in case then unzip and copy this new one over it.

Brian.

Attachments

• PK2DeviceFile.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 105
Thanks betwist. You saved my day. I was trying to get this working for days.

Renga

You mean that the new Micro 16F1783 can not be used?
And only a series of ID 2A20 is used?

No, the PICs like most other devices have a built in ID number that identifies the manufacturer and actual device, it isn't the same number as written on the package. The code 2A20 is the internal code for the 16F1783 so yes, it can be programmed with a Pickit2 as long as the new device file is used (post #2). The 16F1783 was released after the Pickit2 so it never appeared in the original device file shipped with it. If you overwrite the device file with the newer one it will add several newer devices including the 1783.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.