Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unknown component z1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omid2006

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody
I have a problem with a measurement( impedance analyzer device). it has some components in parallel with it's probes. one of them is with the marking of z1 that is similar to a ferrite bead but when I'm measuring that with a LCR meter just it shows near 4pf capacitive properties and series L is zero and R is infinity . I'll appreciate if someone can help me to find out what is this component. I'll post it's photo by attachment.L1 is a common mode filter choke.
--- Updated ---

also the schematic is like this attachment:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-17 at 6.04.32 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-17 at 6.04.32 PM.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 159
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-17 at 7.45.02 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-17 at 7.45.02 PM.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Although identifier Z1 hints to a ferrite bead, it doesn't seem to make sense in this circuit. But without seeing the full picture, the circuit function isn't really clear. Understanding the function is the key to identify the component.

If you really measured the said impedance across Z1, it's obviously no ferrite bead, at least not a healthy one. Did you desolder the part for LCR measurement? May be it's broken, may be it's something completely different, e.g. a MOV chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.