Advanced Member level 4
It is a development set that consists of a programmer and universal test board. PCB was made in thermal transfer method, it was printed on laser printer and laminated.
The device uses USBasp adapted to Windows 7 in 64-bit version. The method of configuration can be found on the Internet.
The main processor on the test board is 89S52 (8051 type) which is equipped with SPI interface. Using this microcontroller you may have to change the software in USBasp for correspondingly adjusted to 8051, because it may not be adapted to operate with 8051. Software was downloaded from website 8051projects.info and supports: AT89S51, AT89S52, AT89S53, AT89S8252, AT89S8253, AT89S2051, AT89S4051 and AVR. You can use ProgISP for programming 89S52. This board allows you to test AVR with use of additional modules. They can be plugged with use of HEADERS to the bar next to the ISP connector (KANDA). Such solution is both comfortable and practice.
This development set consists of:
- matrix keyboard 4x4 plus 2 buttons
- the possibility to select USB/DC supply
- reset button on the PCB
- LED bar consisting of 10 diodes
- two RGB diodes (common anode)
- ULN2803 providing the control over stepper motor or relay
- 7-segment LED display, 4 digits with dots and colon
- RS-232 with MAX232 and RxD and TxD jumpers
- LCD display with available RW pin jumper
- ISP connector for the programmer
- pins needed for programming the circuit
- four additional screw outputs (AUX)
The dimensions of PCB are quite large: 146x130mm. Thanks to that you can freely connect the cables. PCB was protected by solution of rosin and additionally two strips of foam were glued, so the PCB does not slip on the table.
Programming microcontroller other than 8051 is possible thanks to GUI AVRdude – MkAvrCalculator.
The advantage of presented here set is also easy availability of components and cheap construction.
Link to original thread (useful attachment) - Uniwersalna płytka testowa - 89S52, USBasp, STK200