Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

universal rf remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter86

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best design universal rf remote

hi everyone.................

i need information about universal rf remote control...
i want to design universal RF remote control that can control tv,radio and other appliances.
anybody,can u help me................

Most electronics appliances are controlled by IR. So you need to design a receiver to convert the RF energy into light pulses that the appliance can understand.

At the user side, you need to get someone's IC chip that has the library of appliance commands programmed into it. The chips output is a voltage pulse designed to light an IR LED. Instead of sending that pulse to an LED, you send it to an RF oscillator. The RF oscillator turns on/off the same way as the original LED does. You might want to use a crystal or saw oscillator circuit, for requency stability.

thanks biff4....

if i used the ir receiver,the receiver must line of sight to the appliances..should i design ir receiver for every appliances that i want to control?or just one ir receiver to control all appliances.?How the method to control many appliances with the same frequency,which is UHF..can u explain to me??

Depends on if all of your appliances are in one room. You need as many receivers as it takes to get a line-of-sight path to all of your appliances. The idea is simply to broadcast the ordinary lR data over an RF link...

Your next problem is to know the data stream that is used for each unit. These are different in bit rate and bits.

i got problem to design this universal rf remote because i'm do not know the proper circuit and components that can use in this project...
i had done a research,but don't got that circuit....
may someone help to give me a website or something else that can help me in this problem.................

Added after 33 minutes:

flatulent said:
Your next problem is to know the data stream that is used for each unit. These are different in bit rate and bits.

how can i differentiate this bits rate and interface that to the button in remote??

hi everybody, im also doing the same project on universal rf remote but have some probelms in coding the pic16f84 to produce a 40kHz output. may someone help me with the coding of this project

Hi,

www.rf4ce.org

You might be interested in the RF4CE. Its a consortium created in June'08 consisting of some leaders in media who are putting together a specification for an RF remote control. The website says the spec sould be ready end of the year.

(Interesting that Philips are in this - as it was Philips who created the first Infared, IR5, type specifications. Also Sony are in this and Sony released an RF remote for they're Bravia mid last year).

Good luck, Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back