Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Universal JTAG parallel cable for Altera and Xilinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

ful babu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i just want to know that is the same jtag parallel cable works with both altera and xilings ?

eg, i searched through web and found **broken link removed** will it work with xilings ?

if not is there any common cable tat works with all specially with altera and xilings ? better be with pcb

thx

Re: JTAG general .,.,.,

Dear babu,

To design JTAG cable using parallel port.
The normal 1284 parallel port printer handshaking signal 5 pins of the port have been use for the 1149.1 signals, TCK, TMS, TDI, TDO and TRST.

Normally, Altera or Xilinx give you the tools to program with circuit to connect to parallel port. Try check the signal on parallel port using for JTAG signal mention above. If they use the same signal, you can modify the connector to be the same. And you can have your own proprietary cable for both mfr.

see follow link for more information
Xilinx Parallel Cable or Altera ByteBlaster for JTAG 1149.1
http://www.intellitech.com/products/parallelport.asp

Re: JTAG general .,.,.,

you can refer their schematic.
i have xilinx jtag schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back