Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

universal IR remote decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahu

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to make a universal IR remote decoder with all parameter show on 16*2 LCD based on pic micro .

Good idea... First step I think is to gather all possible standards for IR encoding. They will help to find out the number of the important independent parameters and their ranges. Perhaps you will add a user IR decoder protocol in case the user likes to build his own encoder. Nice project.

I think implementing all the standards is too difficult. There is one project called LIRC (Linux Infrared Remote Controller). What they have done is that they have implement an algorithm which can learn the protocol and after that, it can detect each standard. The problem is, they have implemented this on PC using Microsoft Visual C++. So, if you want to do this project , it will be easy to decode their "IR learning algorithm". They also provide the source code of the program they have written for this.
For more info, visit this link :

LIRC - Linux Infrared Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back