Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Universal Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felixls

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!, I want to share my universal battery charger made with a PIC 16F877A

P1050388.JPG

P1050417.JPG

P1050400.JPG

P1050396.JPG

LiIon-Discharge.png

Project:
https://sergiols.blogspot.com/2009/05/universal-battery-charger.html

Hope it helps someone
Felixls
https://sergiols.blogspot.com

Looks interesting.
Do you have content in English ?

Reactions: ThetNaingSoe

ThetNaingSoe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

No, sorry.
I have not much time for translation

Reactions: ThetNaingSoe

ThetNaingSoe

V

Felixls said:
No, sorry.
I have not much time for translation

Then please tell us which language is it, google web translator might come handy here.

thank you for sharing, this is interesting project

V

Felixls this a very interesting project very nicely laid out well done

I've had a look on your web site you have some awesome projects on there,
What is the software used for the chart you posted pictures of ?

Reactions: virang

virang

wizpic said:
Felixls this a very interesting project very nicely laid out well done

I've had a look on your web site you have some awesome projects on there,
What is the software used for the chart you posted pictures of ?

It's a program written in Java using the library jfreechart and RxTx.
But still not finished.

greetings :D

Reactions: virang

virang

Hi!

:cry:I was very interested in building this myself, but without the source code I wouldn't know where to begin to work out how to program the PIC16F877!!!

Unfortunately this Spanish wassock who submitted this has said on his Website that he isn't prepared to post the source code or make the hex available!!!

PLEASE DON'T BOTHER POSTING PROJECTS ON HERE NEEDING PROGRAMMED DEVICES IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO HELP WITH THE SOFTWARE - IT JUST WASTES EVERYBODYS TIME!!!:cry:

Chris Williams

Yeah it would be nice just even to hav the hex file so we can at least build it and have a good charger.

It would also be better if there was an english version has well

Felixls will you share the hex file ?

Hi!

:D How about this ***fully documented*** one?

There are full parts lists, Operating Manuals & Software, Source Code, Circuit Diagrams, Construction Information, Gerber and Hex Files plus PDF plans!!!

Further info can be found at:-

http://www.seven-segments.com/index.php?action=menucats&id=43

If you wish to adapt the Source Code provided, the Website linked here suggests a copy of Mikropascal 7.0.0!!!

This is an outstanding example of how a constructional project should be documented!!!:D

Chris Williams

Wizpic, the source code was available until several people began to publish my work as their own, even in universities.

I was forced to remove the sources and compiled for the moment, sorry.

Chris56000, without comment, your attitude leaves much to be desired.

greetings.

PS: The documentation is complete, and several people have already made the source code based on it, if you can not do, should be a matter of ability or some other cause, I do not know.

Sorry to ear that people where doing that to you, I don't know how they could,
I fully understand where you are coming from and why you removed the code.

It does seem a very good project though.

Wizpic

Wizpic, the source code was available until several people began to publish my work as their own, even in universities.

I was forced to remove the sources and compiled for the moment, sorry.

Hi ,
Its a very common scenario, people pass other people's effort as their own in colleges, and at times there are shops which sell products (which are based on such projects) without giving credits or any profit to the orignal designer. indeed these very shameful acts kills the sharing spirit and may be thats why human race has stagnated despite billions of brains on this planet.
Asimov

V

Hi all,
Felixls I hope you don't mind I've had ago at creating a English version of your universal battery charger. I have gone through and tried to make the best sense of it, It looks ok to me but there still may be a few errors in the spelling and understanding but on reading through I found it very intresting. I thought I'd upload it here for members who may want to read it, If I have offended you by creating a English version then feel free to contact me and I will delete it and I will say sorry in advance.

Wizpic

Attachments

• English Version of battery charger.pdf
    378.4 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:
Reactions: Felixls

Felixls

Thank you very much Wizpic!

Please let me know any question will be answered well and so everyone will have more help to make programming the code of the battery charger.

greetings and thank you very much!

--
En español
Muchas gracias Wizpic!

Por favor hazme conocer cualquier pregunta será bien contestada y de esa manera todos tendrán más ayuda para lograr programar el código del cargador de baterías.

saludos y muchas gracias!

Hi,
I was going thru the translated pdf from Wizpic (circuit designed by Flixls) vs the attached file (along with the url ) from Chris Williams. I am finding there are differences between the two circuity diagrams. As per the Wizpic pdf there is a resistor set to measure the charging current current for the battery but from Chris williams schematic there is a chip used to measure the charging current(which is based on Hall effect).

Also I coundn't find the hex file or the source code for the circuit designed by Felixls. Any one has the URL for code or the hex file?

Flixls ¿podría incluir el firmware y el archivo hexadecimal para los usuarios de este foro. Será de gran ayuda

Regards
Asimov

Hi,
I was going thru the translated pdf from Wizpic (circuit designed by Flixls) vs the attached file (along with the url ) from Chris Williams. I am finding there are differences between the two circuity diagrams. As per the Wizpic pdf there is a resistor set to measure the charging current current for the battery but from Chris williams schematic there is a chip used to measure the charging current(which is based on Hall effect).
That's right these are 2 completely different designs. I translated Felixls pdf to english for those who wanted to read it and get a better understanding of it(note this is still on going just going through and fine tuning it).

Also I coundn't find the hex file or the source code for the circuit designed by Felixls. Any one has the URL for code or the hex file?
What Felixls is saying he will help you with the code/questions you have about this charger to help you build it, Felixls has explained why he has removed the code/hex files for the simple reason others where saying it was there own work.After all it's these others who did rip it off has stopped it for everyone.

Once I get a better understanding on how the charger works I will be able to give more detailed information on the charger it's self which should make it easier for people to write there own code and the english version will be updated. No one(that includes me) but Felixls has the code and even if I did have the code I would not share anyway simple reason it's not my code to share.
Just like me you will have to respect Felixls wishes :grin:

wizpic

Reactions: asimov

asimov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back