Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unique need for frequency multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
Looking for some help for a very specific design, of course if you know of something off the shelf that already exist that would be nice too.

OK, I am doing some experimentation with high frequency audio, and need a device to be able to double the frequency output(stereo) of a sound card with the range of 20hz to 192hkz, and then present it in a output for a headset/speaker.

A design to triple or quadruple would be ok too.

I did some searching on the net and couldn't find anything appropriate.

Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
g0

You intention isn't clear. If you are referring to creating a transposed version of a complex audio signal, it's the purpose of a
digital effect called "harmonizer". Once being an expensive professional audio equipment, it's included now with many
affordable digital effect processors and PC audio software.

The effect manipulates the time base by cutting the input signal into sample sequences (if possible at the zero crossings of fundamental frequency) and replays them repeatedly with higher sampling speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.