Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unipolar 5 wire stepper terminals identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

veiledcavalier

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello;
I have 5 wire stepper motor with data
" Stepping Motor
Step - Syn
SANYO DENKI, Made in Japan
DC 1.2 A, 0.72 DEG
type: 103H6500 - 7242FH6 - 1300 01"

I can't find datasheer for it
I tried a lot to know its terminals identification using ohm test, but all wires give the same value together!!!
Is it damaged ??? I tried also to apply direct voltage on it, but couldn't reach a clear result.

Your quick help is appreciated

thnx

Attachments

• 41534040-Identifying-Stepper-Terminals.pdf
    291.5 KB · Views: 123

if you have 5 wires then it is a unipolar motor as the one shown in your pdf.
There will be only one wire (the common) that will have a lower resistance with all other wires

so if you have A+ A- B+ B- C the resistance will be (the ohms are just an example, it depends on the model)

A+ C =1 ohm
A- C =1 ohm
B+ C =1 ohm
B- C =1 ohm
A+ A- =2 ohm
A+ B+ =2 ohm
A+ B- =2 ohm
A- B+ =2 ohm
A- B- =2 ohm
B+ B- =2 ohm

Unfortunately you can only find the common wire this way, A+ A- B+ B- will all give the same result so you have to experiment with the movement of the motor to find the correct ones

Alex

EDIT: Ignore this post, your motor is a 5-Phase Stepping Motor as mister_rf has correctly pointed, I guess I was carried away from the Unipolar title of your post, sorry.

This stepping motor is wired with all windings of the motor in a cyclic series, with one tap between each pair of windings in the cycle. This type of configuration may be described as Delta 5-phase motors.

Control of either one of these multiphase motors requires 1/2 of an H-bridge for each motor terminal. The 5-phase motors have the potential of delivering more torque from a given package size because all or all but one of the motor windings are energized at every point in the drive cycle. This model 5-phase motors have high resolutions on the order of 0.72 degrees per step (500 steps per revolution).

Attachments

• Datasheet 103H650x series.pdf
    57.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 5_fazowe.pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 148
if you have 5 wires then it is a unipolar motor as the one shown in your pdf.
There will be only one wire (the common) that will have a lower resistance with all other wires

so if you have A+ A- B+ B- C the resistance will be (the ohms are just an example, it depends on the model)

A+ C =1 ohm
A- C =1 ohm
B+ C =1 ohm
B- C =1 ohm
A+ A- =2 ohm
A+ B+ =2 ohm
A+ B- =2 ohm
A- B+ =2 ohm
A- B- =2 ohm
B+ B- =2 ohm

Unfortunately you can only find the common wire this way, A+ A- B+ B- will all give the same result so you have to experiment with the movement of the motor to find the correct ones

Alex

EDIT: Ignore this post, your motor is a 5-Phase Stepping Motor as mister_rf has correctly pointed, I guess I was carried away from the Unipolar title of your post, sorry.

*My stepper is not like that in the pdf
But at all, I don't know any of them, so as u said I did all possible pairs ohm measure
I have colors of wires: RED, GRN, BLK, BLU, ORG

RED--GRN = 1.5
RED--BLU = 1.6
RED--BLK = 1.5
RED--ORG = 1.5

GRN--BLU = 2.2
GRN--BLK = 1.8
GRN--ORG = 1.9

BLU--BLK = 1.4
BLU--ORG = 1.9

BLK--ORG = 2.3

For the values above I used the COM probe of MM on the 1st wire and OHM probe on the 2nd wire. I did this because I noticed that if I reversed the probes the value changes within 0.5ohm!!
Do these values make any sense??

Sorry I missed ur edit for mistake...........OK thanx a lot ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back