Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unemployed & Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

prashnts.id

Hey ppl,
I have completed my graduation in the year 2010, in Electronics & Comm. (B.E.)
Thereafter I have done a Post-Graduate Diploma in "Embedded & VLSI Design" from CDAC, Noida.
Inspite of all my afforts I am unable to even grap an opportunity to participate in the process of hiring/recruitmnt.
Possibly that I am invisible to the VLSI Industry.
My question is should I still strive or should I quit, What should I do?
Because I am really tired and now frustrated.
People say that I should keep looking for some job and be optimistic, but hey, they dont know what it is like when u r not a disaster and still u dont get a job or even are interviewed by anyone not even startups.
How am I supposed to get a job, why doesnt this industry want freshers.??!!
So what if I was confused and had goofed up my entrance exams for graduation! Do I have to pay for that for my entire life.!!
Please leave your comments/suggestions, would really appreciate that.

Something about me,
Live in Delhi/INDIA. Graduated from not-so-decent college, 67% agg.
Implement a 16BIT CPU (a small part of it ) using Verilog as a Project while was studying at CDAC, Noida.
Gave interview in cadence & Synopsys (for layout design) but was not selected in the end.

Now hopeless, wishin godd has something better for me ahead..

If I understood you, it seems your high studies don't allow you to design some simple electronic projects which could be used (bought) by the general consumers around you. But if you have the knowledge to design hardware and software (mainly for MCUs) you might be able to be specialized in one or more fields that interest your local market while looking for a job in a rather big company.
In my case, I run my private small business in electronic designs (and production of small scale) since about 35 years starting with a capital of $100 only, but it took me many years to stand on my feet in the local market ;-)

Kerim

Thumbs Up to KerimF ....Well prashant ...u should keep on sending ur resume whichever company u come across..if u send to 100 companies i think at least 2-3 will surely call u ...usually companies take at least 4-5 months for processing..so keep patience....Surely Almighty will help u ......There are many in NoidA AND Blore semiconductor industries...try them...eg Sankalp, and others...start networking with ur seniors,colleague from Ur college..etc...To stop the frustration join some college for lectureship ...i think its easy to get since the number of engg colleges are increasing in india....to get urself busy...and i am sure there by teaching u will get knowledge of wht u know not..and ths wht is usually asked in interviews....So this will serve u 2 purpose...u will get money ,u will b busy...u will learn ....and i am sure u will ***** the interviews also...if u get called...

Best Luck ...
Believe in Almighty *****!!..

First... dont get frustrated. Even I was in this situation so can understand your position. Two three things tht I did ...
1. Buy a demo kit having cyclone or spartan and implement some small modules taking opencores as base. This will give hands-on exp and if you are successfull in implementating you can add it to your experience.
2. Dont confine your search to VLSI. As no of opening in it for freshers are limited. Be open for embedded or even board. Tht will give you system level exposure and thn you can try for FPGA validation group and enter VLSI.
3. As mentioned earlier by muffassir... contact your seniors and push in your resume to all companies hiring on job portals...

Something should work out for you...

regards

Quick logic Pune have few requirements in ASIC design for fresher level... look ahead .. and submit your CV with good projects .. too..

Wish U good luck.....

1. Join opencores. Download the code, and learn by inspection.
2. Download cver or iverilog. These are verilog simulators. Do your own designs and keep up to date.
3. Contribute to opencores. These will act as experience in your future job hunt.
4. Expand your skill set. Learn perl (very useful), C++ and data structures/algorithms.

Hope this helps.

job search can be tedious and frustrating. Considering the current situation in the recruitment scene, you should begin 2012 with aggressiveness and rigor especially if you’re browsing for high-competition jobs. Keep on keeping on!

What I fell is ....utilize this time to develop the skill set and concept very well ...so when the opening comes in front of you ....you can grab is very well....also as some people suggested .... borrow or purchase some FPGA board and start doing some projects on that....and Giving-up and getting furstated is not an option....you need to focused and enthusgistic....I know current situation is not good...but soon it will change.... So prepare it well....

Good Luck

Hi again,

May I add that even I can always design many useful circuits, I see myself doing nothing (I mean as designs) for days if not weeks if there is no one (a consumer, an industrial, a technician or a trader) asking for something new to produce :wink:

In my opinion, the most important matter for a project to succeed is that there is one side in the least (even the designer himself) really needs it, otherwise it stays in the stage of study, analysis or test :smile:

Kerim

finally i have found a job,
no pay for the first six months, but m happy with that..
at least i have some work to do and there is always something to learn..
thank you all for the advice/guidance

Good news... Even when I started my private business 35 years ago and my products proved being very good (mainly were for light control using power triacs), people have needed about 3 years to be convinced and start buying/using my designed products, instead of the mechanical types available at that time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.