Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Understanding Memory Architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karandeep

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Memory Architecture :

What comes under it ???

Does it discusses the structural analysis of RAM, ROM etc??

Or does it comes with the memory space distribution like continuous - discontinuous memory organisation??

or anything else???

Considering it from modelling point of view or vlsi frontend part

"Memory architecture describes the methods used to implement electronic computer data storage in a manner that is a combination of the fastest, most reliable, most durable, and least expensive way to store and retrieve information."

Source : Wikipedia

"Memory architecture describes the methods used to implement electronic computer data storage in a manner that is a combination of the fastest, most reliable, most durable, and least expensive way to store and retrieve information."

Source : Wikipedia

So if one has to understand the memory architecture , he has to go through prons and cons of RAM / ROM/ Flash etc ...??????

By the word architecture i understand the style or design of memory. So considering the VLSI frontend what does one explore for it ?????

As you said, first of course you need to understand the pros and cons of the popular types of memories. Each one is used for different applications and settings of a device. After you fully understand those, you can examine some architectures and try to understand why type X and size Y of memory is used and not other.
Memories - as all other devices in VLSI - have different "flavors" which are separated by cost, speed, size and power.

Probably I dont know what you are interested for?. Perhaps designing a memory or interfacing with a memory, A very good knowledge is required if you are to design a memory architecture. But if you know some memory structures and organization, you can easily interface it with devices. I am a designer and I know how to design an interface and also know how a memory can be organized inside and how to address each.

Probably I dont know what you are interested for?. Perhaps designing a memory or interfacing with a memory, A very good knowledge is required if you are to design a memory architecture. But if you know some memory structures and organization, you can easily interface it with devices. I am a designer and I know how to design an interface and also know how a memory can be organized inside and how to address each.

Hello xtcs.

Honestly , one of my friend applying for System C modelling job has found in job description "UNDERSTANDING OF MEMORY ARCHITECTURE" .

We have gone through the various ideas , but nothing concrete was found on the same.

There are various concepts available , so wondering what the most suitable thing would be.

Regards,
Karandeep Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back