Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Understanding IDD Specifications in Memory Datasheets (for Power Estimation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolfDieter

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to make a power estimation for next board design including some x16 and x32 Memorys.

The IDD specifications in memory datasheets give the maximum current under given conditions.

Are the given values for IDD4WQ and IDD4W2 for 8 DQ lines only? Do I have to multiply this value when I have a x16 or x32 Memory?

The data pattern in the IDD measurement conditions is only describing DQ[7:0] and not saying any word about the DQ[15:8]. I could also not find any word about it in all the technical notes and papers about memery power estimation.

Can anyone suggest a useful source?

Regards

Last edited:

Hi,

I could also not find any word about it in all the technical notes and papers about memery power estimation.
Neither do we. We even don´t know what device type / vendor you are talking about...

I assume the datasheet gives more information than you posted here. But we don´t have the datasheet...

Klaus

Hi,

the "IDD Specification" section can be found in every datasheet of Micron/Samsung/Hynix. It is always the same - only the specific values are changing. This is because the conditions are copied from the jesd209-x specification.

I thougth it should be kind of standard what is measured (8 Bits, all bits of one channel or all bits of device).

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back