Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Understanding function of circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi101

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, the following circuit was attached to a boost convertor and is used to provide a 2 MHz frequency square waves to the Boost Convertor. My issue is when looking at the circuit, I realized I don't fundamentally understand how it achieves that.
1) So for example I understand that the second Op-amp is an integrator (since it has a capacitor in feedback) and integrates whatever signal comes to it, but the signal at the point after second opamp is triangle waveform and signal at point "out" is a square waveform. Why? How does this third op-amp further integrate the triangle waveform?
2)Why is their a current source between the inverting and non-inverting terminal of the first two OP-Amps?
3) What is the point of the feedback resistor of 47K between the first two op-amps?

Please help me to understand this circuit so I can begin to read functionality of circuits.
Thanks Screen shot 2015-05-05 at 6.57.19 AM.png

1. The third OP is acting as a comparator (the integral of a triangle would be hardly a square wave, by the way).
2. It's a voltage rather than a current source.
3. The first OP forms a schmitt-trigger. The overall feedback is negative, the combination with the schmitt-trigger makes an astable oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back