Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unattached port label

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savankumar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on the layout in the Cadence environment.

I am facing a warning for a few of my input pins:

Warning: Unattached port label

Anyone has faced a similar kind of warning? What should be a possible solution?

I already checked my pins and they are attached in the layout at the appropriate position.

Thank you in advance.

I’m not familiar with Cadence, but I've run into similar situations which are always due to off-grid objects. Double check that the ports/pins are really where they’re supposed to be. This sometimes occurs with cut-an-paste operations.

Thank you so much Barry. This problem I am observing for few Pins only and still, I am unable to find out the solution.

I checked a couple of times all the pins and they are at appropriate place only because there is no error for LVS.

Will the warning matter if we use this layout at other places?

As I said, I'm not familiar with Cadence, so I'm DEFINITELY not familiar with what "LVS" means. Is it possible you've got a port that doesn't have a matching port somewhere else in your design? Spelling error, perhaps?

Depending on the complexity of your design, I'd be a little concerned about the warning. You could generate your netlist and then verify that all the signals are correctly generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back