Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unable to send sms using sim300

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunal123

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i want to make tx rx application using sim300 & arduino but enable to send message from sim300, my code is as follows
delay(1500);
Serial.print(str3);
Serial.print('"');
Serial.write("+917738995895");
Serial.print('"');
Serial.print('\r');

delay(1500);
Serial.println("Mobile Network info:");
Serial.print("Mobile Country Code: \t");
for(char i=0; i<3; i++)
{
Serial.print(mcc,HEX);
}
Serial.print('\n');

Serial.print("Mobile Network Code: \t");
for(char i=0; i<2; i++)
{
Serial.print(mnc,HEX);
}
Serial.print('\n');

Serial.print("Cell ID: \t\t");
for(char i=0; i<4; i++)
{
Serial.print(cell_id,HEX);
}
Serial.print('\n');

Serial.print("Location Area Code: \t");
for(char i=0; i<4; i++)
{
Serial.print(lac,HEX);
}
delay(1500);
Serial.print(26,HEX); // send ASCII value for Ctrl+z

if(Serial.read() > 0)
{
digitalWrite(ledpin,HIGH);
digitalWrite(ledpin,LOW);
}
get 0x1A, but not get sms from sim300, i think i enable to send ascii of ctrlz, please suggest me where i made mistake

Last edited:

connect your GSM module with the serial port and in the hyperterminal send AT commands to send SMS if it is working without any problem.the problem may be with the microcontroller program add one push button with the controller (if push button pressed once then AT command must be sent) and change your program (connect RX line of GSM modem with the uC and connect TX line of GSM modem with the serial port and by opening hyperterminal you can see the response of your GSM module for the AT commands from the uC)

Check the microcontroller in hyperterminal and make sure program is sending AT commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back