Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to Ping GPRS IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohi123

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I am using the Cinteron M35i GPRS Modem. GPRS is getting registered . But when ping request is sent from command window i am getting TTL expired in transit.
Please find the attached file for reference.

When i checked from tracert command, it is not going to the destination address.

Do you have any suggestion.

Attachments

• gprs.png
    gprs.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 70

You're apparently assuming that the IP address assigned to the modem would be publically accessible for inbound connections. That's not the case with usual mobile internet providers. It's only working for outbound connections.

The topic has been repeatedly dicussed at Edaboard.

Hi FvM,

Can you please tell the solution for this or else can you share the link from Edaboard.

Thank you.

If you want to connect to the mobile device from the internet, there's no solution, except for using a professional fixed IP mobile internet service.

The mobile internet provider doesn't route ingoing connections to the mobile device. He can't due to lack of IP adresses. The IP address assigned to your mobile device is shared between multiple devices, involving port translation in the internet router of the GSM base station.

Mobile providers offer internet access with public IP addresses at extra costs. There are also companies providing VPN access through a server to mobile devices.

The usual solution for the communication problem is to setup a server with fixed or publically accessible dynamic IP and connect permanently or periodically to the server.

Hi FvM,

I am connecting the ip with dyndns. But still i am getting the same error. Do you think here also it is because of private ip issues?

It's not a DNS problem. The mobile internet device can't be reached by inbound connections.

Yes, the situation is similar to devices connected to a private network.

Hi FvM,

I have checked in India. We will not get Sim Card with fixed IP.

We are getting the VPN sim Card in India.

In this case

1)Do you think we must have server software in VPN cloud .

2) If we put the server software in VPN cloud can it be accessed from any where?

Status
Not open for further replies.