Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to get LCD to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk1943

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I've just etched a new PCB using the attached schematic, but since populating the board the LCD no longer works, yet the code and everything else was working fine on the prototype rig...

I have the PIC 16F877 working as I have RS232 communications, but just unable to get anything to work on the actual LCD...

Does anyone have any sugguestions as to what I can try...

I have attached the source code I am using and Schematic Drawing...

The code is fully tested and worked on the prototype fine before it died on me... hence the reason I had to etch a new PCB...

OK, I have now stripped out all of the other code, and gone back to a previous working section of code, that basically tests the functionality of the LCD...

But still I am getting nothing on the display...

All pins are wired correctly...

I'm attaching the code I am using to see if anyone can offer some advice...

All that I am seeing on the display is ROW 1 & ROW 3 a series of Black Squares...

RS - RW - ENABLE are all at 0V with DB4 at 5V and DB5, DB6 & DB7 are at 0V...

All suggestions are gladly welcomed...

Sorry...

For some strange reason I was unable to attach the code to the last message...

So will try again...

Attachments

• 16F877 - Temperature Data Logger - 30th August 2010 - LCD Test Code.zip
    90.6 KB · Views: 35

Most probably you got dry solder, trace short. :) Try to check the PCB's continuity. Some pins might not be connected properly or some might accidentally get shorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back