Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] unable to generate artwork files in Allegro 16.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

surgeon92

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using Allegro 16.3 PCB Editor SW. I am a pretty novice user. I am following all of the instructions in the documentation to get some gerber artwork files generated. But, every time I click the "Create Artwork" button in the Manufacture > Artwork dialog box, or if I type in the "artwork" command into the command window, I get the following output in the command window:

Checking db records
Checked 19 percent
Checked 38 percent
Checked 57 percent
Checked 76 percent
Checked 95 percent
Checked 100 percent
Done dbdoctor.
Starting Create artwork films...
E- Unable to start program; artwork

I am most concerned about that last line. It seems to not be able to run the artwork generation utility for some reason, and it won't tell me what the reason is. Has anyone else run into this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Ben

hi,

please check the shape report..

all the shapes should be in smooth.

I figured this out and it was something really stupid on my part. There was a missing executable in my installation directory that needed to be there. It is "artwork.exe". This executable wasn't getting installed because I wasn't installing the correct set of SW modules from the main installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back