Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to find zener diode parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggurat

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem with estimating the minimum and the maximum zener current of a specific diode. It's part number is "TZS4678" from these series.

I am thinking of finding Iz max this way:
Iz max = Ptot / Vz max

I'm not sure if I can find the maximum zener current this way. Also, I have no idea how can I find Iz min. Can you help me or give me clear instructions?

It might be a 1N4678 1.8V zener diode that has a detailed datasheet from Fairchild. Because its voltage rating is so low then its performance as a voltage regulator is poor compared to a 9.1V 1N(I forgot).
A zener diode's voltage is rated at its "tested current" which is only 50uA for the 1N4678. Its maximum current is 120mA but then its voltage will be much higher than 1.8V.

Status
Not open for further replies.