Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UMTS Basestation reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed_nasr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all ,

i am doing a graduation project "simulation and implementation of UMTS Basestation reciever"

so does anybody have any experience with this project or similar one ?

i need any hints on how to start and what i will be able to do ? ( i mean will i have to work on system level , or i can do some transistor level work )

also i need any useful links or papers concerning this topic that maybe helpful throughout the project

plz help me if u can

thanks in advance

Hi Ahmed,

i need any hints on how to start and what i will be able to do ? ( i mean will i have to work on system level , or i can do some transistor level work )

when it comes to "simulation", i think u can go for either system level or transistor level depending on ur interests. However, when it comes to "Implementation", I think u cannot implement on the system level, can u? :D

Anyways, I think u should start reading from the higher level. go for tutorials about UMTS network and the major difference betwen UMTS and GSM.

after u get a general idea, u can look for specific techincl issue. A good source is the 3GPP website

Good Luck

samasimo said:
Hi Ahmed,

hi samasimo :wink:

when it comes to "simulation", i think u can go for either system level or transistor level depending on ur interests. However, when it comes to "Implementation", I think u cannot implement on the system level, can u? :D

why not :?:

Anyways, I think u should start reading from the higher level. go for tutorials about UMTS network and the major difference betwen UMTS and GSM.

after u get a general idea, u can look for specific techincl issue. A good source is the 3GPP website

Good Luck

thanks Osama ,

btw where r u nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.