Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UMC Triple Well MOSFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMSA84

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I'd like to ask you a question regarding the triple well MOSFET:

In the schematic view, it is supposed that a triple well mosfet has an extra terminal?

Triple well nfet has 6 terminals - source, drain, gate, bulk (which could be connected directly to source even source potential is differ than ground), one terminal for inside n-well (connected to vdd) and one terminal for p-substrate (connected to ground).

Check this thread

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for the reply. What happens is that in the schematic I have the MOSFET triple well (from UMC we can identify that by reading BPW in the component name) but I don't see the six terminals only four (the common ones). But in the layout it seems that the transistor is really triple well because the layout is different from the other ones.

When I grab a triple well mosfet but for RF, in the schematic view one can see the six terminals.

My doubt is, don't having the six terminals for the mosfet non RF, how can I connect the terminals from the triple well and so one?

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back