Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UMC MOMCAPS_ARRAY problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

balcony

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
umc psub

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing layout LVS problem with UMC momcaps array and hope if anyone has same experience. I am using UMC 90nm process.

first, the momcaps array is connected with ports on schematic view, with only single mom device. The the layout is generated automatically by layout XL. Then I connected pos, neg, nw and psub. Since the device has only showed 3 port (pos, neg, nwell) on the layout, the psub contact is added with substrate layer. The LVS failed with error report of unbound device and no DRC error.

Then I tried no port connection and a single device in layout, the error report show the same result.

So if anyone has experience on this, could you please give me some advice? I am just using MOM as decoupling cap and no accuracy requirements.

Thanks to all.

jus a guess... u checked wiht CPOM layer corresponding to highest metal layer???

balcony said:
Hi everyone,

I am experiencing layout LVS problem with UMC momcaps array and hope if anyone has same experience. I am using UMC 90nm process.

first, the momcaps array is connected with ports on schematic view, with only single mom device. The the layout is generated automatically by layout XL. Then I connected pos, neg, nw and psub. Since the device has only showed 3 port (pos, neg, nwell) on the layout, the psub contact is added with substrate layer. The LVS failed with error report of unbound device and no DRC error.

Then I tried no port connection and a single device in layout, the error report show the same result.

So if anyone has experience on this, could you please give me some advice? I am just using MOM as decoupling cap and no accuracy requirements.

Thanks to all.

which tool did you use? I have no problem in using assura.

to deepak242003, no, the top layer is metal 9 in umc90nm process, but the MOM cap use only metal 1 to 6. And I could not find any CPOM layer...

to wpchan05, I am using assure as well. the configuration is done by it service and it is fine with all the other LVS except several components like MOM and transform.

balcony said:
to deepak242003, no, the top layer is metal 9 in umc90nm process, but the MOM cap use only metal 1 to 6. And I could not find any CPOM layer...

to wpchan05, I am using assure as well. the configuration is done by it service and it is fine with all the other LVS except several components like MOM and transform.

which verison of kit are you using? I have tested using the kit's version B13_PB, and LVS is fine for the mom cap.

In this case you might have to add CPOM6 drawing layer...that will recognise your MOM cap.... as we use in calibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back