Status
Not open for further replies.

anjukeshari

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i test the frequency of the ultrasonic transmitter and receiver i have?

I presume you mean the frequency response of the pair of them as used in a link. Build a transmission type oscillator (50V AC? 30-50 KHZ) use it to energise the transmitter then use a sensitive voltmeter ~ 1mV to measure the output from the receiver. Remember the loading and tuning components will have a llarge effect on the gain at any given frequency. To start of with it is best to rely on the manufacturers data.
Frank

You can connect a standard signal generator directly to the transmitter and observe the waveform on an oscilloscope connected to the receiver.
The transmitter-receiver pair will probably be tuned to a particular frequency though, which should be given in the datasheets.

are ultrasonic receiver activated just by the received pulse or there need a circuit to activate it? can i check the receiver frequency simply by connecting two ends of receiver to probes of oscilloscope?

thanx...

---------- Post added at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

what to do if i dont have ultrasonic microphone.

Didn't get what you mean by receiver frequency. The receiver won't generate a signal on its own; it will just receive signals coming from the transmitter.
You can simply connect a signal generator to the transmitter if you don't have a microphone. Just be sure to check the frequency; usually these transducers work only at a particular frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…