Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic transducer pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnoise

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I have a ultrasonic transducer (fish-finder) that I bought off e-bay. (Just the transducer not the LCD ). it has no manufacturer name nor model number so i can't pull the data-sheet up. I am trying to find the GRND-VCC, and the Signal-Out Pin on the connector end.

it's an older version and only has 3 pins so that made my job easier but i dont know how to find which is which? I don't want to just randomly tap the pins and burn the sensor.
I now it's a 15 V though.

Cheers

Yes one of them is serial bus. Usually what I saw Gnd is in the middle, and power positive can be red, and yellow is serial I/O. But this means nothing.

Did you check resistance between pins using ohmmeter?

Can you provide sharpen photo?

I guess you mixed it up with robotic sensor. Here is a picture of it
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$(KGrHqV,!p8E8WnzEVzNBPSSpIVbVg~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Here is a similiar item on ebay. I had a hard time taking picture and posting it, sorry for that
**broken link removed**

Lol yeah I figured. I am using this for underwater porpuses on my ROV since I need a lower frequEncy. But its practically the same I just don't want to take the shield off and color-code it. Do you think I can use oscolliscope to see the output and feed it 15 V?

I don't know how the three pins are conncted, but it's most likely just the transducer without any electronics. You'll drive it with a 200 kHz (or whatever the resonance frequency is) burst.

You can start with a resistance + capacitance measurement to get some insights.

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back