Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic 1MHz transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ultrasonic transducer

hi all
plz i want to know if i have 1Mhz ultrasonic transducer this means that it can work with frequencies less than 1 Mhz
thanks in advance......

Re: ultrasonic transducer

Normally no.

The frequency isn't a limit that you can't go beyond, its a fixed value you have to use.

Brian.

ultrasonic transducer

What is the transducer? 1MHz is normally medical.

Keith

Generally, the transducer bandwidth can be expected small related to specified operation frequency.
But instead asking for the meaning of a naked number, you may want to refer to the transducer datasheet.

ultrasonic transducer

1 MHz, in your application, is not the cutoff frequency, but the working frequency.
You probably can work aroud this frequency, depending the Q factor, but as others contrubutors said, you need to study the datasheet !

Regards

yes it is a medical transducer it is used in physiotherapy in my graduation project
but i have to do two applications one of them to use it in 1Mhz and second in 35 Khz
and i haven't find any data sheet yet so when i am searching about it i found only 1 Mhz and i do not know if i'll buy ,it will work or not.i uploaded its image
waiting ur replay

ultrasonic transducer

If it is a 1MHz medical piezo then you will have to run it at 1MHz (or more precisely, at its resonant frequency). It is difficult to tell what it is from the picture. You can use piezos at either of their two resonant frequencies - the planar resonance and the thickness resonance, but a 1MHz medical transducer will most likely be too small for 35kHz planar resonance. You will need two transducers, I think.

Keith.

thanks keith for ur replay
but in my country there is only one MHZ transducer
so i'll buy it today and i'll try it in my college's lab using function generator tomorrow
thanks again for all replies

ultrasonic transducer

What are you planning to do at 35kHz? 1MHz and 3MHz are used in physiotherapy, but not 35kHz that I know of.

Keith.

hi keith
35 khz it is used for fragmentation fat tissue

ultrasonic transducer

That makes sense. I have designed 40kHz systems (not for cleaning but similar circuits). They use 50mm discs in planar vibration and quite a bit of power.

If you buy the 1MHz transducer and make a setup with a signal generator and series resistor and sweep it you should be able to find the planar vibration mode as well as the thickness vibration mode (as a resonance in the response). I guess the planar vibration will be around 80kHz. You will see other peaks as well - harmonics & other strange vibration modes.

Some good information at Morgan Electro Ceramics web site if you need it: **broken link removed**

Keith.

really
thanks keith

ultrasonic transducer

Getting transducer resonances at lower frequencies doesn't neccessarily imply to couple sufficient power to the applicator
surface. I doubt, that this transducer type will be of much use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back