Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultra Wideband Bias-TEE Equivalent circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

memarian

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bias tee design

Dear,

I want to use a wide band ~1W MMIC Amplifier,that i must using it's output RF power pin

for DC Supply. Usually i use a Bias-TEE for this purpose but a Wide band Bias-Tee

has about 1~1.5dB insertion Loss.I need to find another solution to avoid that Loss.
(Maximum 0.5dB Loss is acceptable).

My FREQ. Range is 6~14 GHz(this MMIC is usable up to 20GHz @ 27dBm).

Does anyone have any solution?

this MMIC have a Output Return Loss < -10dB (VSWR~2) in it's bandwidth.

Thanks.

bias tee circuit

Hi,

as i designed a circuit with an era amplifier i've used a capacitor and inductor in the dc supply path to surpress the the HF-parts ... the loss was between 0,5 and 1dB if i remeber right ... i used a 500µm rogers substrate with 1200µm hf-coplanar lines an a 200µm dc-supply line 800MHz - 5GHz
mayba you can try to vary the dimensions of your dc-supply or hf line?

cu

wideband bias tee design

I want to design a bias tee for measurement of S parameters using test fixture.
How should I design broad band bias tee?

tee bias measurement

Abhishekabs said:
I want to design a bias tee for measurement of S parameters using test fixture.
How should I design broad band bias tee?
i've the same idea.give me some information if you get it.

20ghz bias tee

If the circuit if operating above 1Ghz and you have the board space you will need to use a radial stub. It will act like an open circuit at your frequency of interest.

Shogun

bias tee equivalent circuit

Without detail information your frequency area, it is hard to give any design tip.
As you having said, you are going to use it to measure S-parameter, so it is small RF signal you are dealing with, then how much of the biaing current through the biasingh path? THis will determine your choice for the RFC.

broadband bias tee microstrip

hope following pappers help

using conical inductors

memarian said:
Dear,

I want to use a wide band ~1W MMIC Amplifier,that i must using it's output RF power pin

for DC Supply. Usually i use a Bias-TEE for this purpose but a Wide band Bias-Tee

has about 1~1.5dB insertion Loss.I need to find another solution to avoid that Loss.
(Maximum 0.5dB Loss is acceptable).

My FREQ. Range is 6~14 GHz(this MMIC is usable up to 20GHz @ 27dBm).

Does anyone have any solution?

this MMIC have a Output Return Loss < -10dB (VSWR~2) in it's bandwidth.

Thanks.

ADCH-80 or ADCH-81 to 10Ghz:D

https://www.minicircuits.com/pages/s-params/ADCH-80_VIEW.pdf

s-parameters fixture hf frequency

You mean for designing broad band dc-bias network, at high frequencies, there's no need to design radial stubs?!! and we can use only a capacitor and inductor to isolate the RF signals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back