Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UHF omni-directional antenna design in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanglong

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hebrew 2.9ghz antenna

Dear Friends:

Does anyone have some examples about UHF omni-directional antenna design in HFSS? or any UHF omni-directional antenna shapes what work in about 2900-310 MHz.

Thanks very much!!!!

I take it that you mean 2.9 GHz through 3.1 GHz. (I usually hear UHF used as 225 MHz to 400 MHz, but I also have seen it used to include 300 Mhz to 3 GHz so I am a little uncertain as to your need.)

I would start with a monopole or dipole as the bandwidth is not too wide. Keep things simple if you can. One quarter or half wavelength long respectively and go from there. Shorten the element slightly to improve the match.

I don't have a design example readily at hand but there is plenty of information on the web and in almost any antenna book to get you going.

Do you have any sample design? like 255 Mhz - 300 Mhz?

As I said earlier I don't have a specific design at hand.

I expect that a monopole on the order of 25 to 30 cm would be a place to start. Radials or a groundplane a meter or two radius and a coaxial feed would be typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back