Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UHF aerial amplifier design

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyB

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, I just got back to designing UHF aerial amplifiers after years of IT. Can anyone point me in the direction of suitable transistors to consider, refrences to read, and perhaps some circuits to study? My main interest is the 450MHz to 1GHz region.

I am also looking to design an aerial amplifier whose gain can be controlled via the DC supply line. Anyone else experimented on this and has some useful tips?

All help most welcome. And good to be back on the design trail!

I need too design amplifier booster for band UHF from 400Mhz -1Ghz.
Help me !

you can use MMIC they have wide bandwidh and input and output impedence = 50 ohm

so you can cascade them

try to search digikey for them

good luck

One problem with MMIC is that many of them use resistive feedback which ruins the noise figure. Pay attention to this parameter when selecting one.

For discrete designs which have very low noise try searching semiconductor manufacturer's sites. They will have design notes to help you.

The good news is that my amplifier with remotely controlled variable gain is now a reality! It has been taken up by a company selling RF amplifiers, and has been on sale since October 2005 in the UK.
I hope that they sell millions, since I get a minor commission on my design :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back