Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UC3845 and DC DC Inverter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integer

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm planing to make this inverter:
https://www.sportdevices.com/ignition/inverter.htm

And i have question about Pins 2 and 3 of UC3845. I'm interested do I need to connect anything to the pin 3 so that inverter works, and on wich turn(100% or 0%) this potentiometer which is connected to pin 2 needs to be set to have maximum voltage at output?

And for the last question, is this pot. be good for this application:
**broken link removed**

Thanks!

Pin 3 is the current sense, the main feature of this dc to dc is it is a current mode controller, so basically pin 2 senses a voltage representing the current through the inductor and opens the switches if the voltage is above a certain level(prevents killing your inductor), you could tie this to ground and disable the "watchdog" ability. pin 2 is used as a voltage divider to monitor its output and compensate for over voltage or under voltage ( think PID control). To be honest the datasheet for this part seems to be a bit lacking to me. but it seems to be optional. I am more familiar with the LT parts tbh.

Hmm, so then if I ground 3 pin it will work, or should I leave it just unconnected, on some examples of UC3845 I've seen it unconnected?

But still pin 2 remains as a problem.
Does anyone knows is this pot ok for this application, can it handle the power which is passing trough it:
**broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

Or does anyone know is there other simple scheme of inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.