Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

uC + DAC + U/I + PLC Beckhoff KL3454

Status
Not open for further replies.

kedzior87

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uC + DAC + U/I XTR117 + PLC Beckhoff KL3454

Hi !
Sorry for my english.
I'm trying to send 4 analog values (water level) from microcontroler (atmega32 or atmega128 ) to PLC ( Beckhoff PLC ). For many reasons I can't use serial communication (RS232 or others). The values must by send to analog input terminal "Beckhoff KL3454" :BECKHOFF New Automation Technology
**broken link removed**.
I've decided to use 4 D/AC's : DAC121C085
**broken link removed**
connected to atmega via I2C bus.
D/AC's output is 0-5V.
Output's of each DAC are connected to four XTR117 - 2 wire current loop :
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/productfolder.jhtml?genericPartNumber=XTR117
The output of XTR117 if directly connected to analog channel in KL3454 as shown in picture below:
6080612600_1299196787.jpg
R1=125kOhm
R2=31,25kOhm
I'v created a simple board with one DAC and one XTR :
Zdjęcie0444.jpg
and here starts my problems :-(
DAC works fine ... i can control DAC output voltage through i2c bus and it really works.
But when I connect the output of XTR to PLC analog input channel nothing happens, only transistor gets warm.
The KL3454 control led of this channel is always red ... (means error).

When I connect both channel pins ( +24V and "channel in") throuh resistor (for example about 5kOhm or potentiometer[used as controled resistor] everything works fine)
so could anyone help me with my problem?
Maybe it's in connection ? maybe KL3454 will not work with XTR117. Maybe there should be a capacitor beetwen channel pins Or maybe anyone knows better way to send analog value from uC to analog (current) input of PLC.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.