Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] UART- Taking input from Keyboard (Hyperterminal ) and Echoing the same String/Char...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshkrishnan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am using dsPIC30F5011 Micocontroller. I am working on UART Peripheral. I am done pretty good with UART Reception on hyperterminal. Now i want to work on UART transmitting,

I have to enter a string in hyperterminal and print the same as echo on hyperterminal

If somebody has the code, Help me...........

Are you sure you understand the uart reception? You talk from the side of mC or the PC side?

You should check if uart RC flag is set and then read the RCREG and write back to TXREG (so it will be transmitted back to PC as an echo).

Post your code here so we can see what code you should add and be compatible with your current program.

Last edited:

Here is a UART echoing project written using mikroC PRO dsPIC Compiler. Hope this works for you.

Attachments

• UART Rx Tx.rar
    59.4 KB · Views: 62

Status
Not open for further replies.