Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ARM] UART output problem in hyper terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

v.s.n.kumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have written a program for UART0 of LPC2129. the programm is to transmit a variable from pc in to lpc2129. The controller whatever it is received, it must display on the hyper terminal. the baud rate is 9600. after debugging i saw cclk as 12mhz. so i put 19 in U0DLL. the program is run successfully in proteous. but it is not worked in HYPER TERMINAL(PC). i.e., what ever the character i have entered from keyboard, the hyper terminal displays some other symbols. plz solve my problem.

I have dumped the below code in lpc2129 board. but if i press any letter from keyboard then it display other symbols. CCLK=12mhz, PCLK=3mhz.

#include<LPC21xx.h>
main()
{
unsigned char ch;
PINSEL0=0X00000005;
U0LCR=0X83;
U0DLM=0;
U0DLL=19;
U0LCR=0X03;
while(1)
{
while(!(U0LSR&0X01));
ch=U0RBR;
U0THR=ch;
while(!(U0LSR&0X20));
}
}

you should check the baud rate which shown in blue in following picture
uart_lpc2129.png

if you can put random baud rate then try to put the baud rate shown and see result and recalculate for baud rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.